Frequently Asked Questions
Below is a list of frequently asked questions. Click on one to view the answer.
Save money on your workwear In the UK, many companies providing workwear for their employees actually purchase their workwear directly from garment manufacturers or agents. A recent study showed that the main reasons for buying as opposed to renting were because they thought it was ‘cheaper than renting’ and ‘they’ve always bought their garments’. Some businesses didn’t even know there was another choice. Buying workwear can often cost too much. One of the most often-cited reasons for buying rather than renting workwear is that companies believe it is cheaper. Wrong! What about:
- The capital outlay required to provide garments?
- The hidden cost of the time and effort sourcing garments?
- The extra cost of cleaning, repairing or replacing garments?
- Then you have to consider the other pitfalls of purchasing:
- Who is responsible for cleaning the garments?
- Will your staff want to do it? And can you be sure it will get done regularly?
- How will poorly cleaned and maintained workwear affect your company image?
- How can you be sure you have the right garments to comply with Health & Safety/Food Hygiene requirements?
- Where can you get logo badges? And who will sew them on?
- How will you store and distribute the garments on-site?