At Johnsons Apparelmaster we take our environmental responsibilities seriously, protecting the environment and the communities in which we operate, as well as continuously monitoring the impact of our activities.
Through our environmental policy statement we are committed to:
- Providing products and services that meet the requirements of ISO 9001 Quality Management and ISO 14001 Environmental Management standards
- Complying with all legislative and regulatory standards which relate to environmental aspects of our activities
- Continued improvement on environmental performance
- Making the most efficient use of energy and raw materials
- Working with our customers and suppliers to help ensure compliance with our environmental principals
- Training our staff to meet the requirements of environmental standards
- Prompt and effective action in dealing with complaints in relation to environmental activities
- Minimising waste, managing environmentally hazardous materials and preventing pollution
Johnsons Apparelmaster also fully supports the Climate Change Agreement, working towards reducing its everyday energy usage and emissions.
Tasked with reducing carbon emissions from electricity, gas and solid fuel, new initiatives and practices are being rolled out throughout our laundries.
Some of these include:
- Energy Efficient CBW’s (Continuous Batch Washers)
- Efficient Washer Extractors and Boilers
- Full Water Recovery Systems
- Heat Reclaim Systems
- ISO 14001 Environmental Management Systems
- Ethically Procured Products
Annually, we reduces our carbon emissions to 2403,65 kWh/tonnes, achieving a positive carbon surplus of 511 CO2 tonnes… that’s equivalent to 43 double decker buses or more than 1 Boeing 747 continental airplane in weight!
Johnsons Apparelmaster is leading the industry in reducing CO2 emissions, energy consumption and pro-actively reducing its carbon footprint.